Tensitron is pleased to announce its 5th generation of digital aircraft cable tension meters, using the latest technology, software, and design improvements providing unsurpassed accuracy and resolution for numerous material sizes and tension ranges.
The Model ACX-1 series of Aircraft Cable Tension Meters are designed to precisely measure static tensions in aircraft cables. Indicate values in Lbs, daN or KG in flexible cables with diameters from 1/16” up to 1/4”, CWT cable sizes from 5 to 25 and metric cables from 2.0mm to 4.0mm. Calibrations for 7/32” and other cable sizes can be added to the cable selection menu upon request.
First select the cable size from the instrument’s menu. Next separate the instrument’s outer cable contact guides by rotating the engagement lever open and inserting the instrument onto your tensioned cable. Then rotate the lever closed to engage the instrument onto the cable. Your cable will drop automatically into place and readings will appear on the display once the lever is engaged.
- Large, easy to read backlit, color display with adjustable backlighting.
- Display shows tension, description of cable selected, dynamic color bar graph indicating changing tensions (Amber = tension too low, Green = correct tension range and red= over range), the previous 5 tension readings along with their average and the battery charge level
- Select tension values to display in Lbs., daN or KG
- Depress the ‘Store” button to record and average your previous five readings along with their average
- Data Logging Feature: Record tension values to the instrument’s memory.
- Data Statistics: Monitor your process by viewing count, average and standard deviation values of your logged data.
- Data Averaging: Use this feature to adjust the stability of your displayed, tension readings. This feature allows the user to select the duration the instrument takes tension readings over and posting that average to the display. Options are: 1, 2, 5 and 10 seconds. This is a rolling average, meaning that only the readings taken in the last 1, 2, 5 or 10 seconds (your choice) will be averaged and displayed.
- Up to 10 additional custom calibrations may be programmed into the instrument
- Extremely accurate custom calibration procedure employing up to a 10-point multilinearization procedure.
- All calibrations are password protected
- Adjustable LCD refresh rates allowing for stable, digital readouts
- Automatic shutoff after several minutes of non-use
- Instruments may be operated continuously while connected to power supply
- Set-Point feature allowing user to define high and low point specifications which are then shown on the main display as an active, color changing bar graph.
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries with power supply provided. Approximately 12 hours of continuous use depending upon backlighting intensity.
- Power supply operates with input voltages from 100 – 240V and includes several, interchangeable adapters allowing use with European, Australian, US, English and other plug configurations.
- Optional features including: Analog Output and Serial Output
- All models typically available from stock
- Includes easy to use, cable diameter gage to accurately determine correct cable size
- Numerous application specific models available
- Durable, lightweight carrying case with protective foam inserts
- All instruments factory-calibrated and ready for use. Calibration certificate included and all calibration values traceable to National Standards